Bye bye dual boot

Say Bye bye to dual boot. How?? Well the first option, is you have RAM more then 1GB, using VM ware would be one choice but for crazy freaks like me, who want it real !!!

Well I have always been using two operating systems ( WinXP and Linux Fedora ) on my desktop. I have always been of an opinion that dual boot might not be a healthy option for your HDD. So this is what I did to encounter this problem.

I managed an extra Hard drive of decent capacity ( 10 GB in my case ) and this was targetted for installing Linux. I kept both drives as Master, one as primary and other as secondary. Whenever I need to switch the OS, just get into the BIOS while booting and select the appropriate HARD DISK (not the logical volume).

This has alsways been my choice.... just thought of sharing it with you.

No comments: